Revalidation or Renewal of an ELP Endorsement
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has established English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements for all aviation professionals who are required to communicate in English, including flight crew members who operate internationally and in Seychelles airspace. Flight crew members operating in Seychelles airspace are required to maintain a valid ELP endorsement on their license by applying with the Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority (SCAA) to renew or revalidate it. Effective communication in English is essential in aviation, as it ensures that all parties involved in a flight operation understand each other clearly and can communicate important information in a timely and accurate manner. The ELP requirements are critical to ensuring safety in aviation, as miscommunication or a lack of communication can lead to errors, incidents, and accidents. By maintaining a valid ELP endorsement on their license, flight crew members can ensure that they meet the language proficiency requirements set by the ICAO and that they are able to effectively communicate in English while operating in Seychelles airspace or flying internationally. This helps to ensure the safety and efficiency of flight operations, which is essential for the aviation industry as a whole. Please see below steps to follow to request for the revalidation or renewal of an English Language Proficiency Endorsement.
To complete certain online application forms, it is necessary to have Centrik access. Please follow the steps below to request access:
- Click the button below to initiate the access request.
- Ensure you hold a valid licence (Foreign or Seychelles licence) at the time of requesting access.
- Once your request is submitted, we will review it promptly.
- If your request is approved, we will send you your login credentials to your email.
Please ensure you have defined a default mail application on your computer or mobile phone.
If you already have access to Centrik, please disregard this step.
To start the process of renewing or revalidating your English Language Proficiency Endorsement, it is required to log in to your Centrik Account. Please click the button below to log into your Centrik Account using the credentials provided by SCAA:
Once you have logged in, complete the SCAA FCL 05 application form for the revalidation or renewal of your English Language Proficiency endorsement. The application form will require you to provide your personal details and details regarding your licence and last English language proficiency assessment.
The below sections require completion in the form for the revalidation or renewal of your English Language Proficiency:
- Personal Details – Enter your name, surname and email address.
- Licence Details – Enter your Seychelles Licence number.
- English Language Proficiency Endorsement – Current Details – Enter your proficiency level and expiry date on the current licence.
- Assessment of English Language Proficiency – Enter the date the assessment was carried out the result of the assessment.
- Payment Method – Select who will be paying for the English Language Proficiency update.
- Documents to Submit – Select the applicable documentation to attach with your application.
- Attachments – Upload the required documentation to support your application.
As part of the renewal or revalidation application process, you are required to upload a copy of your English Language Proficiency certificate that was issued by the Seychelles English Language Proficiency Test Centre (SEYELPT) in the “Attachments” section of the application form.
After completing the application form and uploading a copy of your English Language Proficiency certificate, submit your application to the SCAA for review.
The SCAA will review your application and notify you of their decision.
If your application is successful, you will need to pay the fees associated with the renewal or revalidation of your English Language Proficiency Endorsement.
Once your application has been processed, the SCAA will update your licence with the new English language proficiency level and expiry date (if applicable). You will receive your updated licence within five business days of submission of your renewal or revalidation application and payment of any fees.
You can sit for the English Language Proficiency test at the Seychelles English Language Proficiency Test Center located within Gate 3 at Pointe Larue. For any further information or bookings, please click here.