We are seeking to appoint responsible, dedicated and hardworking Seychellois for the following positions:
Position: AIR NAVIGATION STANDARDS INSPECTOR (ATS/AIS)
Job Summary: To support the Head Air Navigation Standards & Air Traffic Controller Licensing Inspectorate in implementing the following critical elements of an effective safety oversight system:
- CE 6- Licensing, certification, authorisation and approval obligations
- CE 7- Continuous Safety Oversight
- CE 8- Resolution of Safety Concerns
Work activities include survey ATS and AIS facilities, audit their procedures and records periodically to assess if standards are adequately maintained. Assess ATS and AIS Service Operations Manuals and associated Training Manuals as well as other relevant documents for approval. Assess Air Traffic Controller Licensing and Training Manuals as well as other relevant documents for approval. Carry out ATS, AIS and Air Traffic Controller Licensing, Training and Medical Certification safety oversight audits. The post holder also supports the Head Air Navigation Standards & Air Traffic Controller Licensing Inspectorate in assessing applications for Air Traffic Services provision and Air Traffic Controller licences.
Training and qualification requirements-
• 5 years as Air Traffic Controller
• Aerodrome, Approach and Area Control Ratings
• Safety Audit of Air Traffic Services or Safety Oversight Inspector (Air Navigation Services)
• State Safety Programme
• Safety and Quality Management Systems
• Air Traffic Services Incident Investigation and Analysis
• Human Factor Principles
• Air Navigation standards and regulations
• Rules of the Air standards and regulations
• Air Traffic Controller Licensing, Training and Medical Certification standards and regulations
Skills and abilities
• Negotiating and influencing skills
• Good communicator both orally and in writing
• Computer skills
• A willingness to commit to corporate objectives regarding safety regulations, including the ability to adapt to and facilitate change.
The above posts come with attractive salary packages commensurate with qualifications and experience, incentives and benefits.
***Please note that potential candidates will be subjected to pre-employment medical, drug and breathalyser tests.
Interested candidates may forward their application/CV with copies of certificates, references and ID card to:
Human Resources/ Administration Division
P.O. Box 181
Not later than September 20, 2017