We are seeking to appoint responsible, dedicated and hardworking Seychellois for the following positions:
1. Position: Trainee Air Traffic Controller
The Trainee Air Traffic Controller primarily will follow the training program stipulated under the Air Traffic Management Technical Training Manual until successful completion of all the modules associated with the pre-selected Air Traffic Services unit. Then Candidates will be required to provide Air Traffic Services by meeting specific objectives and applicable procedures for the unit concerned under supervision of an On-the-Job Training Instructor. Once assessed as competent for solo duties, candidates will be promoted to Air Traffic Controller position.
A’ Levels, preferably with grade C or higher in at least one of the following subject;
- Physic or
Or: ‘O’ Level or IGCSE in the following subjects with a minimum of grade C:
2. Position: Trainee Airside Operations Officer
- Co-ordinate daily airside activities at the Seychelles International Airport.
- Make such decisions as aircraft stand allocation and monitor, inspect and take reasonable actions to ensure the safe and efficient functioning of the airside.
- To exercise considerable initiative and judgment in resolving problems and incidents.
- 3 ‘A’ Levels with good grades in Science related subjects and at least ‘O’ Levels with Grade C or above in English, Maths and Physics.
- University graduates encouraged to apply and will benefit from remuneration Commensurate with their qualifications.
- Driving license is an advantage
- Working experience in an airport related environment is also an advantage.
3. Position: Senior HR Officer (Employee Relations)
Provide day to day advice on employee relations and performance management matters to staff and management in accordance with Employment Act and internal policies and procedures. Function as a liaison between staff employees and management. Take the lead in investigations; provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution and act on resolutions made.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advice and act on disciplinary matters in accordance with the Employment Act and established policies and procedures including Termination of Appointment.
- Interact with line managers with the view to settling employee grievances and conflicts.
- Visit staff at their workplaces, take note of their concerns and act accordingly.
- Seek guidance from Employment Department on interpretation of Employment Act as and when necessary.
- Represent SCAA at Mediation and Conciliation and also at the Employment Tribunal.
- Take the lead in the development , implementation and review of human resource policies, Procedures and systems in relations to Employee Relations as directed by the HR Manager;
- Take the lead in the development , implementation and review of human resource policies procedures and systems in relations to performance management
- Conducts trainings as needed for supervisors and employees in line with employment laws
- Guide and assist other HR officer on Employee Relations and Performance matter
A University Degree in Human Resources, Public or Business Administration, or other related field such as Social Sciences, (No experience)
At least 3 years’ experience as an Employee Relations Officer or HR Generalist. (For qualification lower than a first degree)
4. Position: Terminal Operations Officer (G2)
- Co-ordinate daily terminal and landside activities of the Seychelles International airport
- Carry out regular inspection of facilities and equipment to ensure safety and functionality and taking appropriate responsive actions to mitigate deficiencies
- Ensure upkeep of all facilities , co-ordinate and monitor arrangement for deliveries and special events
- Act as liaison with service providers
- A level graduate preferably in English & Maths
- Relevant higher qualification will be an advantage
- Industrious with excellent communication and public relation skills
- Working experience in airport related environment is also an advantage
- Must be prepared to work shift
5. Position: Air Transport Officer
To undertake duties relating to international planning and cooperation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partake in international Air Services negotiations at the bilateral, regional or multilateral level to secure air traffic rights and new market opportunities for both local and international carriers operating to the country.
- Analysis and support for accession to aviation related treaties geared to promote the development or air transportation in Seychelles.
- In collaborations with other government agencies to develop policies and initiatives to advance the country’s aviation interests.
- Coordination, preparation and updates of air transport strategic plans, policies, studies and other reports to promote the development of air transportation in Seychelles.
- Research, monitor, analyse and report on national and international economic developments, obligations and other factors, and its impact on the aviation industry.
University Degree in the field of Economics or related subjects.
Work Experience in the fields of economics, international cooperation and air transportation is an advantage.
Advance Level in Economics and relevant subjects with three years working experience in a similar post in the air transport industry, and having undertaken extended training in the field of air transport economics and law.
6. Position: Airport Systems Technician (Video Surveillance System)
The Airport Systems Technician (VSS) is responsible for the skilled technical work in installing, maintaining, repairing, and training in the use of IP-related surveillance solutions/equipment within the SIA. S/He shall perform preventive maintenance tasks on IP-related surveillance systems and equipment. S/He shall also perform other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Telecoms/IT and /or A-level in Sciences and IT
- Advanced-User knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Application Software.
- Preferred: Experience with Windows base client system and Windows SERVER operating systems. (relevant certification)
- Preferred: Experience with Video Surveillance Systems.
The above posts come with attractive salary packages commensurate with qualifications and experience, incentives and benefits.
***Please note that potential candidates will be subjected to pre-employment medical, drug and breathalyser tests.
Interested candidates may forward their application/CV with copies of certificates, references and ID card to:
Human Resources/ Administration Division
P.O. Box 181 Victoria
Not later than 8th March 2018.