We are seeking to appoint responsible, dedicated and hardworking Seychellois for the following positions:
1. Position: Senior Public Information Officer
To provide information as stipulated by the Access to Information Act, 2018. Interact with Information Officers from other government entities and across sectors, as well as with the Seychelles Information Commission to ensure the release of accurate information to the public.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide information about the organisation, produced by the organisation or maintained in the organisation.
- Manage and maintain the public domain Information:
- Database; Publishing datasets in accessible formats that promote their reuse
- Manuals: Publish an information manual that shows information that the public body will make routinely available
- Website page: Proactively disclose information on SCAA website; Making sure that website pathways to access information are clear
- Record management system
- Identify and procure information which cuts across another portfolio which either started its journey from the organisation or is to end in the organisation.
- Conduct information audits from time to time to make sure that the information remains relevant and add new information
- Liaise with all divisions internally to have relevant information for proactive disclosure as and when necessary
- Able to go through documents such as minutes meeting and extract relevant information that can be made available for the public
- Perform a public information-monitoring role, such as being aware of and implementing measures for rumor control.
- Ensure that the information managed is kept safe, secure and easily accessible.
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or a related field plus three years as a Public information Officer or Senior Public Relations Officer or Senior Information and Communication Officer; Legal background will be an advantage.
At least four years relevant work experience in a Senior Officer position in the organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Individual with in-depth knowledge of the organization
- Strong written and oral communications skills in all three national languages
- Good ICT Knowledge
- Good analytical skills
- Electronic record management skills (optional)
- Interpersonal skills
- Familiar with Seychelles laws and constitution
2. Position: Project Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out analysis and produce engineering designs for SCAA projects.
- Assist in project supervision and overall project management.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new SCAA projects.
- Preparation of project reports.
- Preparation of specifications.
- Provide guidance and assistance to relevant staff in formulating bill of quantities and construction drawings.
- Present weekly or monthly progress reports in a timely manner as instructed by the Project Manager.
- Undertake any other relevant duties assigned by the Project Manager.
Education and Qualifications:
- At minimum, BSc / BEng in Civil / Structural Engineering with working knowledge in structural analysis, structural design of concrete, steel and timber structures.
- Knowledge in geotechnical engineering concepts is a plus.
Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar field.
- Competency in analysing and designing concrete structures and buildings.
- Management skills, including planning, organising, monitoring and controlling.
- Computer literacy and competency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project. Must also be a skilled user of AutoCAD and at minimum one other recognised structural design software.
- Project management and budget control.
Personal attributes and other skills:
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Must be a team player and result-oriented person.
- Must possess a high level of responsibility, integrity and flexibility.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A class II driving licence.
- Specific training will be given to the successful candidate in Airport Civil Engineering.
The above posts come with attractive salary packages commensurate with qualifications and experience, incentives and benefits.
***Please note that potential candidates will be subjected to pre-employment medical, drug and breathalyser tests.
Interested candidates may forward their application/CV with copies of certificates, references and ID card to:
Human Resources/ Administration Division
P.O. Box 181 Victoria
Not later than 19th July 2018.