Aerodrome Standards Inspectorate
The primary role of Aerodrome Standards Inspectorate is to license all those aerodromes required under the civil aviation regulations. The Inspectorate oversees the safety of aviation activities at licensed aerodromes in the Seychelles through the licensing process followed by continuous regulatory oversight. All aspects of the aerodrome and heliport and its management which have an impact on aeronautical safety are considered. The Inspectorate interprets and implements international regulations and standards applicable to Aerodrome Standards, including ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) by promulgating standards applicable in Seychelles. It works closely with the Flight Operations Inspectorate in the development of recommended best practices for operation at unlicensed aerodromes and heliports. It collaborates closely with the Air Navigation Standards Section and Seychelles service providers to facilitate the development of effective Safety Management Systems within the air navigation service environments.
- Maintaining an up to date system of legislation and technical standards in relation to Aerodrome/Heliport licensing and operations in line with ICAO SARPs.
- Certification and approval of initial applications of Aerodrome/Heliport Licences and associated services.
- Continued regulatory oversight of all certified Aerodromes/Heliports and associated services..
- Maintaining a system of registry of controlled aerodrome information as the source for the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
- Promulgation of Aerodrome Safe Guarding standards for use by aerodrome operators.
- Promulgation of Aerodrome Survey standards for use by aerodrome operators.
- Promulgation of Aerodrome Safety practices and standards.
Mr Hughes Sophola
Head Aerodrome Standards Inspectorate
Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority
P.O. Box 181
Tel: (248) 38 4273
Fax: (248) 38 4269